We are seeking a passionate and skilled Associate Coach to join our club. As an associate coach, you will work closely with the head coach and assist in the development and training of athletes in the sport of artistic swimming.
Your responsibilities will include planning and implementing training programs, providing technical instruction, and supporting athletes’ overall development. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in artistic swimming, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to fostering a positive and supportive training environment.
- Collaborate with the head coach to plan and deliver effective training sessions that align with the club’s training philosophy and goals.
- Provide technical instruction and guidance to athletes during training sessions, focusing on skill development, technique, and choreography.
- Assist in developing individualized training programs for athletes, considering their skill levels, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Monitor and evaluate athletes’ progress regularly, providing constructive feedback and making necessary adjustments to training plans.
- Support athletes in achieving their performance goals, both in individual and team routines, through effective coaching and motivation.
- Help organize and oversee club events, competitions, and exhibitions, ensuring smooth and successful execution.
- Collaborate with other coaches, staff members and the MASA Board of Directors to maintain a safe and inclusive training environment that promotes teamwork, respect, and sportsmanship.
- Stay updated on the latest artistic swimming trends, techniques, and rules to continuously enhance coaching knowledge and skills.
- Act as a positive role model for athletes, demonstrating professionalism, integrity, and a strong work ethic.
- Competition Introduction coach certified, or Competition Development coach trained.
- Previous experience as a competitive artistic swimmer at a high level is essential.
- Coaching experience in artistic swimming is preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates with strong technical knowledge and a willingness to learn.
- Sound understanding of artistic swimming techniques, routines, and rules, and the ability to effectively teach and correct athletes’ skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to provide clear instructions, feedback, and motivation to athletes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to plan and execute training sessions efficiently.
- Passion for artistic swimming and a genuine interest in the development and success of athletes.
- First Aid and CPR certification, or willingness to obtain certification.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate training schedules and competitions.
Note: The job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and its responsibilities. Actual duties may vary depending on the specific needs of the club and its athletes.
We encourage interested candidates to submit their resume, along with a cover letter highlighting their relevant experience and coaching philosophy to Sonal Thomas, Director of HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).